Let MindShare Bring SMT to Life for You
As the trend toward increased PCB complexity continues, there is a growing need to address testing issues at increasingly earlier stages of the design process. With high-density boards comes the challenge of 1GHZ device speeds and reduced physical access for testing, fault diagnosis and repair. Manufacturing high-quality reliable products requires concentrated effort in two closely related areas:
- Maintaining tight control of manufacturing process to achieve high first time yields
- Developing an overall test strategy that provides both early fault detection and feedback of failure data to identify root causes of product defects
MindShare Courses On SMT Testing:
All of MindShare's classroom and virtual classroom courses can be customized to fit the needs of your group.
SMT Testing Course Info
You Will Learn:
- How PC board design choices affect test strategy implementation
- How to reduce overall testing costs
- Causes of manufacturing defects in SMT assemblies
Course Length: 3 days
Who Should Attend?
- Electrical Design and PCB Layout Engineers
- Process and Manufacturing Engineers
- Test Engineers
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance Engineers
- Board-level guides
- Routing Board Layout Design Issues
- Bareboard Test Issues
- In-Circuit Issues
- Board Contamination
- Flying Probe (FP)
- IEEE 1149.1 Boundary SCAN
- Test Strategy and Rapid Prototypes
A fundamental understanding of electrical testing of today's PCBs at the bare-board, production line and functional test levels.
Textbook: "Testing Today's High-Density High-Speed PCBs," by Robert J. Hanson. Also, a variety of boards will be displayed to illustrate concerns of testing bare-boards. Videos will be presented showing methods of performing clam shell and flying probe bare-board test. A variety of populated PCBs and videos will be used to reflect the concerns of testing PCBs with today's high-density requirements.